Technologies: Java 11 (w/ Spring framework), React 16.8 (w/ Redux), Azure App Services, Azure SQL Server
Software/Tools: Docker, Maven, NPM, Azure DevOps, Tomcat 8.5
Solution Type: Enterprise Web Application
Industry: Insurance (Large Fleet / Trucking)
The client was experiencing significant overhead in several areas in part to due to Excel spreadsheets and manual communication to manage premium collection for the company. This involved tracking individual monthly premium due dates and amounts manually in Excel, as well as, sending individual emails when insureds were due or delinquent. Each month required manual intervention to calculate each Insured’s Premiums, manual generation of monthly due/past due notices, and maintenance of a complex spreadsheet system of information. The accounting resources involved were tied up for several days each month just to manage the entire process, and there were several key stakeholders who possessed tribal business knowledge that put the business at risk in the event of a disaster.
Utilizing a combination of Azure Cloud services (App Service, Azure SQL Server, Azure DevOps), modern web technologies, and application design best practices, the Theoris Solutions team provided an efficient, user-friendly, and cost-effective web portal. This portal enabled the client to manage Insured information in one place, it empowered their own clients to submit monthly exposure data and calculate monthly Premium, and it allowed the automation of processes such as premium generation, delinquency management, and email communications.
- Reduction in monthly overhead. Staff could streamline their monthly process and focus on other aspects of their jobs.
- Automated notification and acknowledgement communications.
- Cloud centric information storage and elimination of spreadsheet tracking.
- Quality web-based reporting tool delivered directly to their client’s fingertips.
- Better secured information and system processes.
- Advanced data reporting capabilities. Easy to manage cloud services and application development pipeline.