Technologies: Salesforce Non-Profit Cloud and Nonprofit Sucess Pack
The client was unable to accurately record donor information and sync it between their company website, marketing software, Salesforce, and Quickbooks. All of their processes involved manual entry and forced them to put the same information in multiple places. They also didn’t have the ability to use their donor contact information for marketing emails to increase donations.
The first step was to evaluate the integrity of their data. This began with identifying which processes were creating duplicates and then cleaning their database by merging contacts and accounts. Then integrations were set up through Workato, a third-party integration software, to sync information between Salesforce and Quickbooks. This involved creating processes that would funnel each record according to four categories where different communications were sent to each. Each category was based on what the donation was for and had different implications for donor’s taxes. Next, automations were set up to notify donors and internal employees of donations and reallocate donations that came in through their marketing software to fit the new categories in Salesforce. Their marketing software was then mapped to the appropriate fields and matching rules were set up. Lastly, the client was trained to understand and use Salesforce with its non-profit data model.
- Merging duplicates helped improve the integrity of their data.
- Stopped the client from sending the same contact duplicate messages.
- Employees developed increased trust with their database – Salesforce.
- Increased efficiency as they no longer had to search for data in more than one contact or send receipts manually.
- Saved hours each week, increasing the accuracy of their data by eliminating manual entry of donor data in both Salesforce and Quickbooks.
- Salesforce became the centralized hub where all data was stored.
- Donation amounts could be accurately viewed from within Salesforce by any employee.
- Raised tens of thousands of dollars with their marketing software
- Various donations from the website were recorded in Salesforce and cataloged in Quickbooks accurately to reflect their purpose.